Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 15





Assignment:
-The assignment for this week was finish the rest of the website which included finishing up the page for Abraham Lincoln Mesh-up, Second Art Mesh-up, and Comic. See the previous post for the link.

Craft: (How did you do it?)
-Before begging anything I prepared a plan of attack. For the Abraham Lincoln web page I decided that I will use the "Photo" template that was provided; for the Second Art Mesh-up and for the comic web page I decided to use the "album" template. Having this plan I began by moving all the photos that I was going to use to the desktop. After opening up the iweb software I selected the option to create a new page. I selected the "photo" template and began editing the page to make it look like the rest of my pages. To accomplish this I clicked on and opened the inspector. After adjusting the background colors to be the same as previous pages I was now ready to add the photos. I opened the the folder that contains the photos of interest and selected all of them. Then I dragged the photos to the appropriate location and dropped them in. After dropping the photos in, the photos were in disarray so I had to rearrange them to the proper order. After having the photos sorted out, I began working on the rest of the page. I copied and pasted the same text box for the title of the page and copied and pasted the object in which I will put the text in. This ensures that the pages look alike, thus reducing any confusion that might occur. This completes the main objects that will be on this web page. Now I was ready to move on to the next page. Once again I used the option to create a new page. When the window with the templates appeared I picked the album template for the Second Art Mesh-up. To reduce an confusion I made sure to change the background color of the page and use the same text boxes for the text. To add the photos into the album there were a couple of steps that I needed to go through. First I had to open the iphoto program. After having the program opened I pressed the plus button near the bottom of the page to create a new folder. In to this folder I dragged and dropped the photos. Now I went back to the iweb program; I made sure that I can see both of the programs opened. Then I clicked on the folder with my photos for this page and dragged it to the iweb and dropped it into the album. After dropping the photos in, I opened the album and rearranged the photos to make sure that they are in the right order. I created three albums; the reason for this was to make it easier for the viewer to follow the progress of the project. Now I was ready to move on to the last page of the website. I approached this page with the same attitude, which means that that after I picked the album template I made sure to keep things as consistent as possible. To keep things consistent I used the same fonts, same text boxes, and anything else. I separated the project into about six stages which means that I will have six albums. The same approach was used create the albums as for the previous page. After posting the website on the web, I had to go through the website and check everything to make sure that everything was working properly. There were a couple of glitches; some links did not work and some albums did not open as well as some minor stuff such as background color. The next day of class which is Wednesday I corrected the things that I overlooked before. After saving the corrections I was ready to publish it again. The publishing required creating a new folder on the desktop. Then I selected the option to publish to folder. After completing this task, I was ready to publish it to the server. I went online and typed in the appropriate address, and after logging-in I selected the www folder. I clicked the publish icon, and after accepting the terms of java I was ready to transfer the files. I opened the folder that contained my website folders; selected all the files and dragged and dropped them into the box. Then I pressed begin the upload. The upload took a couple of minutes. After the upload was complete I clicked and opened the HTML icon which took me to me site. When on my site I checked everything to make sure that everything is functioning.

Composition: (Arrangement and order of elements)
-On the Abraham Lincoln page the first thing that the viewer sees is the photo and then the title of the page. The next thing that comes into the view is the paragraph that describes the project and what is on the page, and finally the rest of the pictures that were used for the project. The pictures are followed by the drafts that were created and the final draft that was created for the gallery. For the Second Art Project page the first thing that the viewer notices is the title of the page which is followed by the picture. The picture is followed by the description of the project and what is located on the page. All of this followed by the albums. On the last page the Comic the first thing that is noticed is the title, which is followed by the paragraph and the albums.

Concept: (What are you trying to say?)
-Using the web site I am trying to say where I am coming from and how it has influenced my work. Another things that I am trying to say is that technology makes communication easier. I am a novice to creating a website, but even with my limited knowledge of creating a website I did not have any serious setbacks. From telephones to websites anyone and everyone can keep in touch with people around the world.

3 comments:

  1. Craft-Very straight forward blogger, you can automatically tell its a males by the colors; it has a very masculine feel to it.
    Composition- Doesnt seem to have to much added to the page other than personal photos. This just shows that this person really just wanted to show off their art.
    Concept- The post is about how he created and published his website and what went into designing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very informative blogger. Not only does he allow us the pleasure to view his artwork but he also gives plenty of information about it. This makes it much more interesting to view. I enjoyed viewing the images and the whole layout of his website.

    Many photos and information about the photos was added to the website. Although maybe there was too much writing? Nonetheless, alot of time and effort was put into this website.

    This website is about his previous artworks and about what he learned about visual communications after taking this class. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete