Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 14



(Some pictures that will be used for the website)

Assignment:
-The assignment for this week was to create two web site pages, one about me and one about visual communication, using the iweb software.

Craft: (How did you do it?)
-The first task at hand was opening the software. To do this I clicked on the hard drive and opened the applications folder; I scrolled down and doubled clicked on the iweb icon. Now that I was in the program it was time to make a new site. To do this I went under file and selected "new site." When I did this a screen opened up which had a variety of templates to choose from. I chose "Black" as my template. I chose this template because of its simplicity; not having the page cluttered up will enhance the viewers experience. Before I could continue building the page, I needed something to fill it with. To fill the page, I will use jpeg photographs of old project. The projects that will be posted are: Abraham Lincoln mesh-up, second art mesh-up, and finally the comic. To make life easier I created a main folder and named it Web-VC. Inside this folder I created five folders which includes one about the artist, me, one about the class and one folder for each project. Having accomplished this I proceeded to gather all of the information that would help fill the folders. I found some pictures of me that help establish were my views are coming from. I also collected all of the projects into their appropriate folders which includes a final copy and drafts of that particular project. Having all of the information organized I began building my page. I started by first dragging and dropping the pictures into picture boxes. To give the photos some unique look I added a frame. This option can be found in the inspector. Having typed my essay prior to beginning any work all I had to do was copy and paste the text into the appropriate text box. To make my site unique I added some shapes and played around with the colors for the background. During the critique there was one thing that was pointed out to me. I turns out that I had different styles on two different pages. To fix this problem I am going to keep things as I identical as possible; this means that I will keep the colors the same as well as the font.

Composition: (Arrangement and order of elements)
-On the first page of the website, the first things that jumps out at the viewer is the picture of my family and me in the Jeep. The reason for it being the first thing noticed is its size and location. When one opens the page, the photo takes up most of the page. The photo is placed at the center and there is nothing around it, which is going to direct the viewer to go to the picture. After the main photo the next thing that stands out is my name and the paragraph that describes me. The rest of the stuff on the page is viewed in a linear matter. On the second page the first thing that stand out is the photo then the paragraph, which is followed by the second photograph and its explanation.

Concept: (What are you trying to say?)
-Using the web site I am trying to say where I am coming from and how it has influenced my projects. Using the website I am also trying to say that every experience that one has during his/her life will influence everything that one does which includes anything and everything including ones art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment